National Chiao Tung University (NCTU)
Epidemic Prevention Announcement
Epidemic Prevention Precautions on campus after the school year begins:
1. Attendance in person: Practice social distancing. Where social distancing is impossible, then you must wear a mask.
(1) Ventilation and regular disinfection of classrooms and study areas: When air conditioning or central air conditioning is turned on, classroom doors can be kept shut, but opposite-corner windows must be kept open. Additional exhaust fans (wall fans) and standing fans can be installed/placed appropriately in the classrooms when there is no conditioning.
(2) Swimming lessons should take the following precautions: Closely monitor residual chlorine; implement a real-name registration system; control the number of people in the pool; practice social distancing; disinfect environmental facilities; and maintain good air ventilation.
2. Epidemic prevention for mass gathering events: Social distancing must be maintained; implement a real-name registration system; crowd/traffic control and environmental disinfection must be performed. Where social distancing is impossible, you must wear a mask.
3. Students needing to request a leave of absence due to symptoms: If you have a fever, cough, shortness of breath, diarrhea, a loss of smell or taste, or other related symptoms, you must seek medical assistance immediately or rest at home, and avoid going out, going to school, and going to work. The absence will not be recorded if the school is notified in accordance with the student absence notification procedure.
4. When dining in cafeterias/eating facilities, you must keep a safe distance or use a partition or screen to provide separation. Where social distancing is impossible, you must practice Separate Dining Schedules so as to keep a safe distance from others.
5. During the 7-day self-monitoring period, after the 14-day home quarantine period: You must take your temperature daily; avoid public places as much as possible; and you must wear a mask when you go out.
6. Faculty, staff, and student travel abroad: Traveling abroad must be carefully assessed for necessity and urgency, with priority given to alternative measures, to then travel after the epidemic has passed.
7. If you have any questions about epidemic prevention, please contact the relevant departments on campus.
NCTU Epidemic Prevention Team
September 11, 2020